Monday, April 5, 2010

About where can I do volunteer work in Phoenix, Arizona

Where can I do volunteer work in Phoenix, Arizona?
I'm only 12 years old, and I can't find anywhere to volunteer. I would mostly like to work with animals or children. If there's anything else, please tell me! Thanks so much for taking your time to help me. [: -Kayla
Community Service - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
maybe at a youth center? but most places dont like children voluntering alone because of liability issues, they would probably require adult supervision.
2 :
There is a united food bank right off of Mesa Dr. and the 60. You can work there. I had to for community service (10 hrs) and it wasn't that bad. However, I wouldn't recommend the summer.
3 :
It can be hard to find volunteer opportunities when you are 12. However, if you are sincerely interested in helping, explore what you could do at home on your own that would help others. The following website has some suggestions for things that you can do at home. One example is baking cakes for underpriviliged kids: http://www.charityguide.org/volunteer/fewhours/birthday-cakes.htm The site suggests contacting a local Boys or Girls club, but you can also contact a headstart/daycare center that serves low income families. If baking isn't practical, you could assemble birthday "baskets" with cake mix, frosting, candles, birthday plates and napkins. Let people know what you are doing and you can get donations of these items or raise money by babysitting or holding a bake sale. Good luck! I hope you find something meaningful.

Read more other entries :